X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Health Organization Reports

Cannabidiol (CBD) has recently gained a lot of traction for its many purported mental and physical health benefits. And anecdotal evidence to support these claims is strong. People tout the products for helping with pain, sleep, and even skin conditions. The issue is that scientific proof is hard to come by. Clinical research is limited and many of the relevant studies were conducted on mice, not humans. This has led many people to wonder if the growing attention CBD is getting means the natural remedy is a true ally of health—or simply the next overly hyped natural remedy.

Addictive Tendencies and Adverse Reactions

The potential for addiction is another concern associated with cannabis. The World Health Organization stated there’s no known addiction potential associated with CBD. Similarly, studies on CBD dependence conducted on mice showed that while there was evidence of THC dependency, there was no evidence that suggests the same for CBD.
    Positive Benefits to CBD Oil

Clinical trials for the use of CBD in people dealing with epilepsy have demonstrated very positive results. Studies around the substance’s ability to treat epilepsy are the most comprehensive. These studies go all the way back to the 1970s. The evidence displays a reduction in epileptic seizures in patients taking CBD for symptom management.
    Another benefit of CBD may be its applications with anxiety and depression. Studies show that CBD may help people who struggle with a variety of forms of anxiety, ranging from situational stress to general anxiety disorder. It also has been found to help relieve pain and may be an alternative to prescription drugs. This combination of relief for pain and anxiety has led to speculation that CBD may help treat drug dependence, PTSD, and conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis.
    In addition to treating these conditions, CBD also shows promise to help many Americans improve their quality of life. CBD may have applications with conditions like arthritis, sleep, and even diabetes. The important thing to remember, again, is that CBD is no cure-all, research is limited, and anyone considering natural remedies should talk to their doctor.
    Final Thoughts

More research needs to be done on CBD, but there are many positive signs that CBD can help people feel better. The endorsement from the World Health Organization will only accelerate growing interest in the therapeutic potential of cannabis on conditions that affect so many. Just keep in mind that in any emerging space, especially as it relates to your health, it’s important to do your research and protect yourself from bad information.

This is an interesting article, thanks. I have been watching the progress of herbal medicine for a long time. I read real reports of clinical trials of drugs based on cannabis and realized that this is the safest option for me. The fact is that my work provokes stress. It was ruining my life and I was on the verge of starting strong antidepressants. But that all changed when I was advised to try one of the best CBD edibles. It is very soothing and has no psychoactive side effects like the common herb. I have been using CBD regularly for two months to restore the balance of my nervous system. Now I no longer have to do this every day. I only take CBD on really bad days.

Comment

Working...
    X